To be honest, first time when I heard about ISIS (in 2014), I was really glad to know about their concept to unite Ummah in this world with “Khilafah.”
“Khilafah” isn’t the new word for me. It’s the best concept to build strong Ummah and apply syari’ah (Islamic law) well. And as Moslem, we’ve known well about Khilafah Islamiyah. We must be proud, because we have many… many amazing leaders besides Rasulullah such as Caliph Umar bin Khattab, and Caliph Umar bin Abdul Aziz. That was why I’ve missed Khilafah.
Talking about ISIS, I didn’t need long time to know ISIS, and I’ve decided to not support it.
Killing, violence and forcing others to convert to Islam aren’t Islamic concept. It’s so far from Islam.
Here’re a few meanings of Islam base on Qur’an:
1. Istaslama-taslim-mustaslimun= submission to the Lord (Allah) [Annisaa: 65]
2. Salm = peace [Al-Anfal: 61]
3. Salaam= peace [Az-Zumar: 73]
In Islam we always say to our brothers and sister the word “Assalamu’alaikum” it means “Peace be upon you.”
I only saw their actions so far then compared them with Islam, so here’re my thoughts about ISIS, maybe it’d be different with others.
1. ISIS isn’t Islamic state, anyhow they claimed it as Islamic State in Iraq and Syiria.
2. ISIS doesn’t help Islam, and doesn’t apply Islamic laws.
3. ISIS has made bad image about Khilafah, Islam and Moslems.
4. ISIS has done many terrors in some countries.
The last, I will say,
“I still miss Khilafah, but I will never support ISIS!”