السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Dear readers and fellow bloggers,
When I received the message from Sister Saadia Haq about this award, I was doubtful about it. I’m a new blogger and I’m an English learner. I had never thought about any awards before. But, I admit this is the third blogger awards that I have ever received. Alhamdulillah.
Now, the time for me to thankful to a great blogger , an inter-sectional feminist and peace activist Sister Saadia Haq for the Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award, an award which gives credit and acknowledges deserving women on a global scale! An award that allows women to support each other especially in blogging. Awesome award!
My simple blog is 7 months old. As I said previously I’m a really new blogger. I’m so lucky that I can get many wonderful bloggers here, one of them is Sister Saadia Haq. Her career deals within the human rights issues. Thank you very much Sister for nominating me for this award. May Allah reward your kindness!
Readers, I really recommend her awesome blog to all of you. I’m sure you’ll find many amazing posts within. Please visit her blog at:
The Rules which need to be followed:
- Provide the link to the person who nominated you.
- Add the reward logo.
- Answer the questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and let them know via comments.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
My wonderful nominees are:
- The Muslimah Mommy
- YA BAKI ENTEL BAKI
- Ordinary girl’s peculiar blog
- Kasih Ilmar
- Indahnya Berbagi
- Anchor with Keidi
- Frauen und Islam
Then, I’ll answer the 10 questions from Sister Saadia, 🙂
- Do you drink coffee or tea and why?
I do drink tea, because I love its smell and its taste. My city (Sukabumi) is one of tea producing city in west Java. I usually drink it mix with sugar or honey. Very delicious! But, sometimes I only drink a plain water.
- What’s your favorite color and why?
Hem, my favorite color is blue. It gives me a big hope if I see a blue object. For example, if I see the blue sky and the blue oceans. Subhanallah, very…very wonderful, my brain becomes bright, the inspirations come easily. That’s my experience.
- What ambitions you seek in this world?
I have written in my page “About Me” , I want to share my little Islamic knowledge with other all over the world through blogging or another writing activity. It can be realize if I write in English. Because most of the people in the world using English as their language in their lives . The purpose is only for Allah. I hope I’ll get benefits from my posts, and the other too.
- What inspires you to blog?
As an English learner who has a dream as a professional writer, I use blog for mastering my English especially in writing activity. My online English teachers said to me, “you need practice a lot in writing if you want to be an English writer.” Time by time I tried to find the ideas that must be relevance with Islamic knowledge. I want to be better time by time. Therefore I have to read a lot about Islamic knowledge. With this activity I can learn more than share it to other. Take and give, I think.
- How do you select topics to blog upon?
Honestly, I did not choose a special topic before writing. But, when I got the ideas, I always think how to combine these ideas with qur’an and hadith. From everyday moments, and everything. Or I just write my expression totally such as poems. I only write what I read, I hear, I see and I feel. Very simple!
- Do you think blogging as social media is constructive for engaging with people?
As far as I’m concerned, yes is constructive for engaging with people. Do you believe me, I got many wonderful friends through blogging?
- Have you received solidarity and support for writing what you write?
Yes I have. I’ll tell you a little about it. My first English teacher in blogging was Sis Theresa Corbin. She was my first follower, my inspirer. She guided me step by step in blogging, untill I became who I am today. Then I got Sis Stephanie, Sis Papatia, Sis Sumaira, and De Moniba. They always support me, giving helps for editing my posts. And you too Sis Saadia, you always support me. And we did a collaboration, right? I have received it from another bloggers too that I can’t mention them one by one. I’m very blessed to have them all.
- When faced with opposition, what’s your reaction?
Truthfully, I don’t like to waste my time for debate with person in any topics. I’ll remain keep silence. Except, if the opposite blaspheming or insult my religion and against the humanity. I’ll speak up! Then give all the result to Allah. I’ll not force them to follow my mind / opinion.
- Any humanitarian campaigns which you support/or would love to support?
I ever supported our brothers and sisters in Palestina in RedOut Facebook campaign, and Free Gaza. I would love to support all about humanity.
- What’s your future calling?
Insha’Allah I have a dream to be a professional writer. That’s my future calling. Allah knows the best for me.
The last, please answer my 10 questions:
- Who is your idol in your life?
- Who is your favorite writer/ blogger?
- How many languages do you speak? And do you feel interest to other languages? Why?
- How old is your blog?
- Have you received blogger award, before it?
- How many hours do you use your time for blogging?
- Do you have favorite quote of writing? Please write 2 of them?
- Any humanitarian campaigns which you support/ or would love to support?
- What’s your hope for this ummah?
May Allah bless us in blogging! Ameen.