Assalamu’alaikum my lovely readers!
Here, I want to post about The Children of Israel. Quran tells us about it, that Allah has given a lot of mercies to them, and we can know about their manner. It’s according Quran. Let’s see the following surahs and verses.
A. Allah’s mercies to The Children of Israel.
- O Children of Israel, remember My favor that I have bestowed upon you and that I preferred you over the worlds. ( Al Baqoroh verse 47 )
- And [recall] when We saved your forefathers from the people of Pharaoh, who afflicted you with the worst torment, slaughtering your [newborn] sons and keeping your females alive. And in that was a great trial from your Lord. (Al Baqoroh verse 49)
- And [recall] when We parted the sea for you and saved you and drowned the people of Pharaoh while you were looking on. (Al Baqoroh verse 50)
- And [recall] when We made an appointment with Moses for forty nights. Then you took [for worship] the calf after him, while you were wrongdoers (51) Then We forgave you after that so perhaps you would be grateful. (52) Al Baqoroh 51-52.
- And [recall] when We gave Moses the Scripture and criterion that perhaps you would be guided. (Al Baqoroh 53 )
- And We shaded you with clouds and sent down to you manna and quails, [saying], “Eat from the good things with which We have provided you.” And they wronged Us not – but they were [only] wronging themselves. ( Al Baqoroh 57 )
- And [recall] when We said, “Enter this city and eat from it wherever you will in [ease and] abundance, and enter the gate bowing humbly and say, ‘Relieve us of our burdens.’ We will [then] forgive your sins for you, and We will increase the doers of good [in goodness and reward].” ( Al Baqoroh 58 )
- And [recall] when Moses prayed for water for his people, so We said, “Strike with your staff the stone.” And there gushed forth from it twelve springs, and every people knew its watering place. “Eat and drink from the provision of Allah , and do not commit abuse on the earth, spreading corruption.” ( al Baqoroh 60)
- And [mention, O Muhammad], when Moses said to his people, “O my people, remember the favor of Allah upon you when He appointed among you prophets and made you possessors and gave you that which He had not given anyone among the worlds. ( al Maidah 20 )
- And We divided them into twelve descendant tribes [as distinct] nations. And We inspired to Moses when his people implored him for water, “Strike with your staff the stone,” and there gushed forth from it twelve springs. Every people knew its watering place. And We shaded them with clouds and sent down upon them manna and quails, [saying], “Eat from the good things with which We have provided you.” And they wronged Us not, but they were [only] wronging themselves. (Al A’rof 160 )
- And We had certainty settled the Children of Israel in an agreeable settlement and provided them with good things. And they did not differ until [after] knowledge had come to them. Indeed, your Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that over which they used to differ ( Yunus 93 )
B. The Children of Israel’s attitudes to Allah.
- And [recall] when you said, “O Moses, we will never believe you until we see Allah outright”; so the thunderbolt took you while you were looking on ( Al Baqoroh 55)
- So woe to those who write the “scripture” with their own hands, then say, “This is from Allah ,” in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn. ( Al Baqoroh 79 )
- And they say, “Never will the Fire touch us, except for a few days.” Say, “Have you taken a covenant with Allah ? For Allah will never break His covenant. Or do you say about Allah that which you do not know?” ( Al Baqoroh 80 )
- And [recall] when We took the covenant from the Children of Israel, [enjoining upon them], “Do not worship except Allah ; and to parents do good and to relatives, orphans, and the needy. And speak to people good [words] and establish prayer and give zakah.” Then you turned away, except a few of you, and you were refusing. ( Al Baqoroh 83 )
- They say, ” Allah has taken a son.” Exalted is He! Rather, to Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. All are devoutly obedient to Him, ( Al Baqoroh 116 )
- Those who do not know say, “Why does Allah not speak to us or there come to us a sign?” Thus spoke those before them like their words. Their hearts resemble each other. We have shown clearly the signs to a people who are certain [in faith]. ( Al Baqoroh 118 )
- And the Jews say, “The hand of Allah is chained.” Chained are their hands, and cursed are they for what they say. Rather, both His hands are extended; He spends however He wills. And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. And We have cast among them animosity and hatred until the Day of Resurrection. Every time they kindled the fire of war [against you], Allah extinguished it. And they strive throughout the land [causing] corruption, and Allah does not like corrupters. ( Al Maidah 64)
- And they did not appraise Allah with true appraisal when they said, ” Allah did not reveal to a human being anything.” Say, “Who revealed the Scripture that Moses brought as light and guidance to the people? You [Jews] make it into pages, disclosing [some of] it and concealing much. And you were taught that which you knew not – neither you nor your fathers.” Say, ” Allah [revealed it].” Then leave them in their [empty] discourse, amusing themselves. (Al An’am 91)
- The Jews say, “Ezra is the son of Allah “; and the Christians say, “The Messiah is the son of Allah .” That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded? ( At Tawbah 30 )
Those are some of the verses , that explains about The Children of Israel. Hope we can avoid those bad manners. Ameen , Insha’Allah. Next, insha’Allah I’ll post about The Children of Israel’s characters to their prophets, to their Holy book, to Muslims, and so on.
And how about Israel today? Their characters to the other human.
Jazakumullah for visiting, and reading . The correction from everyone are very welcome.